This Policy & Procedure has been intended to ensure that Asset Training issues all qualifications and Statements of Attainment, in agreement with the required standards and protocols in place.
The procedure outlines the required information and format applied to all Qualifications and Statements of Attainment issued by Asset Training.
All students are entitled to receive correct statements of attainment for the successful completion of any nationally recognised training.
All students are entitled to receive correct statements of attendance for the successful completion of any non- accredited training.
This policy applies to Standard 3 of the Standards for Registered Training Organisations 2015. Whereby the RTO issues, maintains and accepts AQF certification documentation in accordance with these Standards and provides access to learner records.
3.1. The RTO issues AQF certification documentation only to a learner whom it has assessed as meeting the requirements of the training product as specified in the relevant training package or VET accredited course.
3.2. All AQF certification documentation issued by an RTO meets the requirements of Schedule 5.
3.3. AQF certification documentation is issued to a learner within 30 calendar days of the learner being assessed as meeting the requirements of the training product if the training program in which the learner is enrolled is complete, and providing all agreed fees the learner owes to the RTO have been paid.
3.4. Records of learner AQF certification documentation is maintained by the RTO in accordance with the requirements of Schedule 5 and are accessible to current and past learners.
3.6. The RTO meets the requirements of the Student Identifier scheme, including:
- Verifying with the Registrar, a Student Identifier provided to it by an individual before using that Student Identifier for any purpose.
- Ensuring that it will not issue AQF certification documentation to an individual without being in receipt of a verified Student Identifier for that individual unless an exemption applies under the Student Identifiers Act 2014.
- Ensuring that where an exemption described in Clause 3.6 (b) applies, it will inform the student prior to either the completion of the enrolment or commencement of training and assessment, whichever occurs first, that the results of the training will not be accessible through the Commonwealth and will not appear on any authenticated VET transcript prepared by the Registrar; and
- Ensuring the security of Student Identifiers and all related documentation under its control, including information stored in its student management systems.
Information to be included on all Certification
All certification issued by Asset Training will comply with the requirements of the AQF Qualification Issuance Policy and include any additional information specific to the VET sector as per Schedule 4 and 5 of the Standards for Registered Training Organisations (RTOs) 2015.
All SOA’s will include:
- Asset Training’s name, RTO code and logo.
- A list of units of competency (or modules where no units of competency exist) showing their full title and the national code for each unit of competency.
- The authorised signatory.
- The NRT Logo.
- The issuing organisation’s seal, corporate identifier, or unique watermark.
- The words ‘A statement of attainment is issued by a Registered Training Organisation when an individual has completed one or more accredited units.
The Director, Learning and Organisational Development is responsible for ensuring that Asset Training maintains the most current version of the AQF Implementation Handbook to ensure all certificates contain the appropriate wording and information:
For information on the AQF Implementation Handbook see the Australian Qualifications Framework for information: http://www.aqf.edu.au/
Whereby the training is delivered in partnership, the Asset Training logo is to be positioned on the right-hand side and the partnership organisation on the left-hand side with the words “in partnership’.
For information on the NRT logo, see the: Nationally Recognised Training Logo specifications guide: http://www.asqa.gov.au/qualifications/issuing-qualifications.html
For information on the AQF logo/ wording, see the: Conditions of use of the Australian Qualifications Framework Logo guide: http://www.asqa.gov.au/qualifications/issuing-qualifications.html
Issuing of Certification
- Statements of Attainment (SOA) will be issued to students who have been enrolled, have successfully been assessed in one or more Units of Competency and have a valid USI (Unique Student Identifier).
- The Statement of Attainment will be issued within 30 days (subject to payment terms being fulfilled) of the student being assessed as competent in the Unit/s of Competency/ Qualification provided they have a USI.
- A Statement of Attainment will normally consist of a single page; however, it may run on to a further page (the back of the document) where there is a long list of Units of Competence.
Quality Control and Record Keeping
Prior to printing a Statement of Attainment, the following steps must be completed by the RTO Compliance Officer and noted on the Issuing Statements of Attainment checklist.
- The student has a valid USI.
- The student has paid all fees.
- The Student File must be checked and completed to ensure all required paperwork is contained within the file and the student has successfully completed all Units of Competency that are included in the Test amur/ Statement of Attainment.
- The documentation must be checked for accuracy, ensuring all assessments are on the Student File.
- Student files on Student Management System to be updated.
The Statement of Attainment must be issued a number and these details are to be recorded on the Student Management System.
The Asset Training Compliance Officer is to issue a copy of the Statement of Attainment by use of the Student Management System and the use of the specific Statement of Attainment Template saved.
The template for Statement of Attendance shall be updated when there are changes in the AQF Policy and/or Standards for RTO’s.
Once the Asset Training Compliance Officer has had the CEO sign the Statement of Attainment either in person or by using an electronic signature, the Compliance Officer will make a copy or scan the issued document and file it in the Student File.
Certification will be posted to the student via registered post within the required 30 days of it being issued.
Issuing duplicate Statements of Attainment
- All students wanting a duplicate Statement of Attainment should complete an application in writing to the Compliance Officer using a Student Record Request Form.
- Prior to re-issue, the Compliance Coordinator must approve all duplicate Statements of Attainment.
- All duplicates are to be issued within 2 weeks from receipt of payment.
- The written request and copy of duplicate Statement of Attainment will be filed with the original student record.
It shall be the responsibility of the Chief Executive Officer and Training Centre Manager to ensure that the requirements of this policy are complied with. This policy shall be reviewed on a regular basis to ensure that it continues to comply with relevant state or federal legislation or regulation.