High Pressure Water Jetting Operator - Proving my hours
In order to enrol in the MSMSS00018 Operate a high pressure water jetting system course you are required to have completed 120 hours of supervised work. To help current Assistants and prospoective Operators keep track of their hours, Asset Training has developed a digital logbook. This logbook is available free of charge and can be downloaded here.
Asset Training also requires current Assistants and prospective Operators provide an accompanying Statutory Declaration which is also available free of charge and can be downloaded here.
How do I enrol in a course?

We have an online enrolment form that you can fill in to make your course booking. Simply select the course that you wish to enrol in from the training calendar and it will take you through to the course description. This is where you will find the enrolment button that will take you through to the enrolment form. If you would like to have a look at the enrolment form click on this link... Enrolment Form

How do I pay for my course?

All Asset Training courses are predominantly prepaid. You can pay in advance for your course over the phone with a credit card or the pay now link on the invoice that you receive.

Site Training

Statements of Attainment will not be issued until final payment is received.

What's the difference between a Class "A" and a Class "B" High Pressure Water Jetting (HPWJ) pump?
What's the difference?

The classification of pump determines the pressure and flow (bar L/pm) of the pump and the type of training required to use and operate it. A Class "A" pump has a maximum output pressure anywhere between 800 and 5600 bar L/pm and a Class "B" pump has a minimum output pressure of 5600 bar L/pm or over. Any pump producing an output pressure below 800 bar L/pm is considered a low pressure pump and unless there is a risk of injury while using this type of pump, training is not required.

How do I know which class of HPWJ pump I have?

You need to look at the pumps compliance plate and find the pressure and flow rates. Many pumps have PSI or kPa pressures which will need to converted to bar and if the flow is in gallons this will need to be converted to Litres per minute. The pressure and flow need to be calculated to return a bar L/pm value to determine the class. Click on the following button to use our HPWJ calculator to assist in determining your pumps class.

What is High Pressure Water Jetting (HPWJ)?

The SafeWork Australia "Guide for Managing Risks from High Pressure Water Jetting" defines High Pressure Water Jetting as... "A process using a stream of pressurised water to remove material, coatings or contamination and debris from the surface of a work piece or material substrate.

Is Asset Training's training Nationally Recognised Training (NRT)?

Except for our High Pressure Water Jetting Awareness course all of our training courses are nationally recognised under the Australian Qualification Framework (AQF). Our training courses normally combine one or more units of competency in an effort to provide well rounded vocational courses in which a student if successful will achieve a Statement of Attainment.

What is an USI number?

USI stands for "Unique Student Identifier". Any one wishing to undertake a RTO training course will need an "USI number" for record and identification purposes. It allows for improved tracking and access of a student training records. IMPORTANT - ASQA (Australian Skill Quality Authority), the governing body of Australian RTOs, have requested and strongly advised that RTOs request a students USI number be provided prior to training and preferably during the enrolment process. Asset Training apologises for any inconvenience but we will be unable to provide training unless a students USI number is provided prior to training.

What do I do if I've lost my white card?
Replacing a white card (general construction induction card)

A white card can be replaced online from Service NSW by credit card payment but only if your details have not changed. You will need to ensure you enter the exact details as on your construction induction card record.

If your details have changed, you can also complete the application form and send it to SafeWork NSW by:

post to: SafeWork NSW, Locked Bag 2906, Lisarow NSW 2252email to: licensing@safework.nsw.gov.au (credit card payments only)

Change of details

If you have changed your name or other details you will need to complete the change of details form and send it to SafeWork by:

post to: SafeWork NSW, Locked Bag 2906, Lisarow NSW 2252email to: licensing@safework.nsw.gov.au


Once I've completed the white card training, how long will it be until I receive my white card?

Asset Training does not issue the white cards but has the application forms you need for a new card and will submit them to SafeWork NSW (WorkCover) when you have completed the training.

Asset Training will also give you a statement that you can use to prove you have completed the training until your new card arrives. The statement is valid for 60 days but most cards are issued in less than 30 days. If you don't receive your card give SafeWork NSW a call on 13 10 50.

What is LLN?

LLN stands for language, literacy and numeracy and is a numerical level system used to ascertain a students learning capacity. It assists an RTO to provide suitable training at the LLN level of the student. It also assists in knowing whether or not a student is at an appropriate level to actually undertake a course.

How many courses can I take?

You can take as many courses as you'd like. Asset Training offers short workplace safety and industry focussed courses. There is no limitation on the amount of courses that a student can do with Asset Training.

Can't find what you are looking for? Get in touch with us →

Download a copy of the Asset Training Student Handbook