Asset Training is committed to providing equal opportunity and promoting inclusive practices and processes and integrating the principles of access and equity in its policies and procedures. This policy states how Asset Training will provide inclusive education services and a learning environment that is free from discrimination, harassment and victimisation. This relates to the provision of all education and support services to students. In addition, all staff and contractors employed or engaged are obliged to comply with this policy.
- All Asset Training staff shall wherever feasible have adequate support and training to provide services accessible to all students. We will ensure programs are designed and constructed to provide equal access.
- Asset Training shall wherever feasible assess proposals for any new (or substantially revised) policies or programs for their direct impact on the lives of people from a range of cultural and linguistic backgrounds prior to any decision to pursue such proposals.
- Asset Training shall institute complaints mechanisms that enable people (regardless of cultural and linguistic backgrounds) to address issues and raise concerns about performance.
- Asset Training shall require that any subcontractors of Asset Training deliver outcomes consistent with this policy, and shall in bidding for tenders or contracts budget where appropriate for special provision for linguistic and cultural diversity.
- Asset Training staff shall where necessary receive ongoing cultural diversity training so that they develop knowledge and skills to work effectively from a cultural context.
- Asset Training shall where appropriate consult with other providers and government agencies to ensure co-ordination of services appropriate to clients' needs.
- Asset Training shall in its client data collection record, where appropriate, such data as birthplace; whether a person's first language spoken was English; Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander background; Australian South Sea Islander background; date of birth and sex(the collection of data will not always include all these items, as the relevance of these data items will vary). Asset Training shall protect the privacy of individual clients when collecting this data.
- Asset Training shall, where appropriate, keep records on the proportional take-up rates of clients categorised by their country of birth or their cultural or linguistic background compared with their percentage composition of the total population in the service target group.
It shall be the responsibility of the Chief Executive Officer to ensure that the requirements of this policy are complied with. This policy shall be reviewed on a regular basis to ensure that it continues to comply with relevant state or federal legislation or regulation.